Friday, June 30, 2006

it's friday!

Another week almost gone! GeeZ. And it's the last day of June. Double geez. Very scary how quickly time goes.

But if I think back to my life a year ago, I wouldn't want to be there no way no how. This is a good summer--in fact, I'm going to say that it is shaping up to be one of my favorites. I'm getting lots of work done outside, doing lots of playing, and getting some school work done. I'm really happy these days, and that's always a good thing!

I went on my first long kayak of the season (scary to think that it's the first one and it's the end of June!). I went from Oskar Bay to Dollar Bay and back. Not exactly sure how many miles, but I'm going to bet close to 30. It took me 5 hours and 50 minutes. Give or take a few. The way to DB was awesome--lots of wind at my back, and it felt like I was flying. I bet at times I was going 5-6 knots. (Did I spell that right?) The way back was a different story. The wind kicked up even more, and there were times I was paddling and not going anywhere. At about 4 hours, I was wondering why I was doing it, then how stupid kayaking was to begin with, and wouldn't I much rather be sitting in front of the TV watching movies or something.

Those thoughts passed once I was on shore until I remembered that I had a 30 minute bike ride back home. I sure felt good once I got in the tub, though. What a great workout. I'm going to try to make it to the black sands next week. That will probably add an hour onto the total trip.

After that, I went to the KBC with friends for pizza and birch beer. All in all, an unbelieveably excellent Thursday.

Today Diane and I worked a bit more on Matti's house. We are about half way done, although the back side is going to take a lot more time. It's in pretty bad shape, and needs some prep work. Hopefully we can get a lot more done tomorrow if it doesn't rain like predicted.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home