Monday, June 26, 2006

matti

Matti has been bringing me the newspaper lately, and he decided that he needed a good place to put it. I had replaced the old mailbox that was almost falling over with a nice new shiny white one, and the old one had been sitting out by the road. Matti decided he wanted it by the barn, so he could just throw the paper in there without having to get out of his truck. I tried to move the sucker and could barely budge it, so we dragged it behind his truck. It looks pretty cool, I think. It didn't have a flag anymore, so I rigged a red apple that can be hooked in the front of the box whenever there is something in there. That way we can leave him stuff, and he can leave us the paper. It's a nice trade!


Diane and I were planning on painting Matti's house next weekend, but he kind of got the weekends confused and had planned on us being there this week. Diane had other stuff going, but I thought I would get started anyway. I wasn't thinking it would take too long, but it might be more than I anticipated. It definitely needs 2 coats, and the second one will have to be put on with a brush. Yuck. That's rough on my wrists. But with both of us working we should be ok. We'll see how it goes. Here are some before and a little bit later photos.



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home