Friday, June 09, 2006

bucky the chicken

is out of the house, too. I put her in with the guineas, figuring that because they are scared of everything, they'll leave her poor neck alone. I'm beginning to wonder if she is ever going to grow those feathers back. There is still nothing there!

So far, I think the arrangement is working. She walks around like she owns the place. When I checked on them last night, she was roosting up in the tree, and the guineas were on the window ledge, heads facing the window, butts sticking out. 11, right in a row. I wish I would have had the camera. Because there was only room for 11, there ended up being a lone guinea sleeping by himself. It was a bit sad, and I was pretty surprised that none of the others joined him. Maybe they take turns.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home