Wednesday, June 14, 2006

the continuing saga of bill

It's been a while since I wrote. I think I've been a bit burned out. After 5 weeks of nonstop work, this week seemed like a good time to take a break. I did a fair amount of watching tv and movies, and it rained one day so that was a wonderful excuse. I did go to Diane's to cut up a bunch of wood that needed a chainsaw this morning, and it kind of got me back in the mood to work again. Sometimes, I think, I need a few days off The Goat, and then I'm ok again.

So Bill. Bill is great. Really. He's settling in, not biting Vanna, not getting into trouble. He follows us all around, grunting at the windows begging to be let in. He chased the car once because he didn't want us to leave. After I got home from school tonight, I heard a bit of commotion outside. My neighbor was out there, so I popped out to say hi. He's like, "I brought your pig back. He was in our yard." I actually didn't believe him for a minute. It took him a few times before it sunk in that Bill, after begging to get in the house with me, gave up and, hearing the neighbors, went trotting over there to get some loving. They got a kick out of it, thank goodness, and were pretty impressed that Bill just followed him back over here.

As much as it's great to be loved, it does have its drawbacks. Vanna and I had to sneak out to get our run in. So now we've resorted to ducking low, being very quiet, and running really fast down the driveway hoping Bill won't see us. The first time he did, and he came pounding after us, grunting the whole way. Who would have thought that pigs could run that fast!

I missed a great photo opportunity this afternoon--the boys walking down the drive, Vanna, Bill, and Shady hot on their tails. It would have been priceless. But here's one with Bill in the straw that's on the side of the house. When he bangs against the house, the whole thing shakes. What's going to happen when he gets big? Holy smokes.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home