Saturday, June 17, 2006

no bear

Well, it's been 2 nights since the bear attack, and no bear! The DNR came and dropped off the bear trap the day after the attack. The guy looked around at everything, and there is evidence that it wasn't just a bear, but most probably a fisher as well! Not good. Perhaps one came first and then the other. The first night after the attack, the fowl refused to go in. I had to pick each one up individually to put them in the coop. Last night, they were more comfortable and went in at dusk. Poor guys.

This is a picture of Matti and his truck. He and I sat up until 2 on the first night, and 12 on the second. We got tired. I only got an hour or two of sleep the first night because I decided to sleep out in the car after Matti left. Right. I should have slept on the ground! I think I'm just going to have to trust that screwing the doors in every night is going to keep them safe. There is really nothing else that I can do.


The turkeys are refusing to stay in the outdoor pen, so they fly out and follow everyone around. Sometimes it's Vanna, this time it was Bill. Go figure. Guess they don't think Bill will eat them. I really don't either. Especially because he gets as much as he wants to eat whenever he wants to eat. What a pig!

This isn't the best picture, and Vanna was also around, but I was walking backwards trying to get everyone in it. Didn't work too well.


Matti's taking me out to dinner tonight. I figure I should be taking him, but I think he feels really bad about the loss. He's been a great help, that's for sure! In the picture of Matti, you can see the next load of junk that will go to the dump. There's more now, actually. I finished cleaning out the barn, and will start to put some of the animal stuff in there. It's nice to be getting stuff done. Even if it is really hot out. At least we are getting a few rain drops now. We really need it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home