Saturday, July 08, 2006

lots of good stuff

So it has been an awesome week again. I'm drinking a shot of mango rum waiting for some friends to come over for a bonfire, and decided it would be a great time to catch up on the blog.

Lots happening, and heck if I can remember much of anything. I went for a 44 mile bike ride up to Copper Harbor on Sunday with Erin, and it took me the first part of the week to recover. Seriously. I did ok on the way up, but once we stopped and ate breakfast in CH (I ate like a pig), I could barely get on my bike! My legs were stiff, and the first little hill took it all out of me. Not so good that I was stiff, a whole lot not so good that it was so windy the downhills weren't really downhills, and really not so good that my legs refused to work. Seriously, I only made it because of my will and the fact that I didn't want Erin to have to come pick me up in the car. She cruised those hills like it was nothing and I ate her dust, except that she was too far ahead for me to eat anything. Regardless, it was an awesome adventure and will be great prep for the triathlon in less than 4 weeks. Gulp. We are going to try to go once a week.

What else.....

Had some friends over last weekend. Here's Amlan choking Lily and Lily begging for mercy.


Here's some more faces--Diane had already left:


Tonight we are celebrating Julie's bday, although she doesn't really know that yet.

Got a new fence for the geese. It is really something. 16 foot panels that I can put up by myself. I used bungie cords to attach them together, and they can be moved at any time. Extra great is the fact that Bill can't breach it, and the geese and ducks are quite grateful.


They have been sleeping in the chicken coop in one of the separate pens for the last week. I was out late the last 2 nights, and by the time I got home, they had gotten out of their fenced pen and were waiting for me in the coop. It was awesome. The ducks have no problem getting out of the pen, but the geese have to struggle a bit. It's just so cool to drive in and see them waiting for me. I sure do love those creatures, especially Station, the big butted goose. He wants hugs and loving every night before he goes to bed. He tries to jump on our laps and bury his head in our hair, trying to snuggle in. He's pretty cool.

And he's the boss. Wherever he goes, the rest follow.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home