Monday, May 29, 2006

memorial day

It was another hot one. Hard to get work done, although when it was cold and raining I was wishing for this kind of weather. It might not be ideal, but at least I got some stuff done.

Bill's been laying in his pool, and he's dug a little sleeping place in the dirt behind an old door leaning against the sauna. I think he knows his name. I went to look in on him and couldn't find him in his pen. I called, and heard a grunt but still couldn't find him. Called again, and he started really grunting until I saw him. Wish he would let me pet him and get more olive oil on him. He's been eating dirt, which is really healthy for pigs to do, and I'm hoping his skin will start clearing up soon.

There was an old rusty swing set sitting in the field, and I finally found a way to recycle it and keep it out of the dump. I'm going to let some fast growing rose bushes climb up it. It will probably take a year or two, but think it will look really cool. I had to trim the rose bushes way back last fall because they were starting to kill the fruit tree in front of it. They were the biggest rose bushes I've ever seen.




It's a bit hard to see, but these are all the trees that Moe, Liz and I cut down on Saturday. There must be at least 100, most little, but some good sized ones also. Not looking forward to cleaning that mess up!



Now it's time to get some school work done!

1 Comments:

At 4:59 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

HI Neely! I thought you might like to get a comment.

I have a duck story: When I was 4 and living in Ann Arbor, we had a malemute that got loose from time to time. One time, she found some ducks that somebody was raising in their backyard and killed them all. That family's kid gave me a lot of grief after that. Fortunately we moved soon thereafter. I don't know why these people were raising ducks in a place like that--a suburban-style residential neighborhood. It was only a matter of time before some stray dog or cat got to them. But of course that's not like raising poultry out in the country, where they belong.

Anyway, keep blogging! I'm following your progress with great interest. --MDR

 

Post a Comment

<< Home