Sunday, May 28, 2006

another weekend gone!

It was another busy weekend. On Saturday, Moe and Liz came rushing to the sale, only to have NO ONE show for like 2 hours. It ended up being ok, though, because they helped me thin a bunch of trees along the driveway. I hate to cut trees down, but these were having a hard time breathing. I think it looks a lot better, although it's kind of hard to tell because all the cut trees are now stacked along the drive. There should be some good fire wood in that mess, so that's a positive thing.

I guess we didn't do too badly at the sale. We started off with everything being 50 cents except for a few select items, and we had a few people that just couldn't pass up that kind of a deal. But still, there is enough left in the Road House for another sale. Don't think it's going to happen, and I'll probably have to box everything up and take it to Goodwill. Yuck. But at least it will go to good use. There are a lot of things that were in bad shape and couldn't be cleaned, so those items will have to go to the dump. It's a shame, but I will be so happy to get rid of it all. Hopefully that will happen sometime this week.



Today the guys and I worked on the front yard. There was a ton of garbage everywhere, including barelyholdingittogether garbage bags of old cat litter. I can't even begin to imagine how long those things have been sitting there. After a grand worth of garbage removal, I still find more.

I finally got the apple tree cut down completely, and we put a table top thingy on it. Not sure we'll sit out there because of the black flies and other blood sucking insects, but it sure would look lovely filled with flowers. It would be good to have the yard mowed. That was supposed to be Bill's job, but Bill isn't interested.



He locked himself in the sauna this afternoon. He pushed open the door, shut the door, knocked my bike down in front of the door so I could barely open it, and to top it off, he pooped his runny gold everywhere! He was going after his food, which has now been moved. I like him being able to run around, but am still going to have to look into an electric fence, I think. That way I can leave him out when we are gone and not worry about him.

Good thing he's cute!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home