Sunday, May 21, 2006

bill's here!

Boy, has it been a busy day, and I'm so tired I can barely think straight. It feels like this has been 3 days in one, and no wonder--it kind of has been!



I was supposed to go running with Deb this morning at 7 am, but both of us said yuck. Instead, we got to working on the barn. We ended up clearing out all of the boxes, ripping down the old insulation, and raking the floor. I'm going to bet that this is the cleanest that barn has been since the day they started moving stuff into it. It looks so awesome!

After we finished that project, Deb left, and I realized that I was going to have to clean the ducks' cage out so that we could go pick Bill up. What a mess. I ended leaving them in the tub while we got Bill. It was great for them. I left the faucet running a bit so they could eat and poop to their hearts' content, and boy, did they. Yuck!!!! I can't even say that enough.


Pete came with us to pick up Bill, which was totally awesome because the guy we bought the pig from grabbed Bill by his hind legs, and handed him to me. Poor Bill. He was heavy, and I was happy to give him to Pete to carry. He's pretty bummed, I think, and has been acting really depressed. We finally got him to drink and eat a bit, and he seems to like the blankets I put in his house. I'm worried that he might be sick, though, because he is weezing. Since I know next to nothing about pigs, I have no idea if it is nerves, or something else. I'd bring him in the house tonight, but because he is still acting really scared, I'm afraid it might make it worse. Poor little dude. He sure is cute! I'll get some better pictures of him tomorrow.

After Bill made it home, Diane, Alex, Christian, Cyndi, and Welsley came to visit. It was pretty fun.



Pete and friends:

After Pete left, Moe and Liz came and we worked on the sale stuff. Geez, there is so much junk I can't believe it. I hope we sell it all. I could care less about the money, I just want to get rid of it all. Argh....

Spent a bit of time with Bill before I came in tonight, who is still not acting like he is too happy, but I don't really know what I can do to help him. I hope he adjusts soon. He's such a little dude.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home