Friday, May 26, 2006

some bad news

We did lose another turkey tonight. I'm really not sure what happened. Everyone seemed fine when I moved them this morning, but this guy was a whole lot smaller then the rest of the bunch. He was white, while the others have some brown feathers. I haven't looked them up yet to see what kind they are. It is a shame, and I buried him out back.

The good news is that Bill is doing much better. No more runs. The bad news is he has really dry skin and was rubbing himself so hard on anything he could find that he made himself bleed. The good news is I coated him with olive oil and he seems to be feeling better. The bad news about him feeling better is that he doesn't want to be fenced in and kept getting out. I think that when we are home, he is just going to have to roam. I'm looking into getting a portable electric fense. It will be the only thing that works. The bad news is that we freaked him out getting him back into the pen. The good news is that he is still really cute and we hope he doesn't hate us for too long. If he does, we are in big trouble, cause he is the most stubborn animal I have yet to meet. Here's to a positive relationship with Bill.

Did I mention yet that barely anyone came to the garage sale? We go again tomorrow at 9, and if we aren't selling stuff by 10, everything, except a few things, are going for a quarter each. Buck did have a good suggestion, though, and that is to leave everything in and maybe try again later. It's not like I need the Road House immediately or anything. Why didn't I think of that?

Moe and Liz have been awesome, so I am hoping that we sell lots so they can walk away with some serious dough for helping me out. They totally deserve it!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home