Wednesday, June 27, 2007

gardening!

I have to say that I have immensely enjoyed this stage of fixing up The Goat. I have missed digging in the dirt far more than I actually realized. I've been doing a lot of transplanting, and I've been making a habit of visiting Shopko hoping to get great deals on the plants as the season goes along. As a result, I picked up a mess of annuals for a few cents each, and needed a place to plant them. I decided to clean up the area next to the sauna and created a garden there. I really like it. I found out that there is more of a cement path to the sauna than what I had realized, so I cleaned that up a bit and really like how it looks. I moved a mess of the day lillies there as well, and plan on putting a few more in. Not quite finished, but definitely getting there.

Oh, I got the solar fountain and am terribly dissappointed in it. It barely does anything! It's kind of comical, except that I had such visions! I'll work on the pool a bit when I get back next week (I'm going to Bayfield with Diane, Mickey, Grasshopper and Annie, maybe Justin, and might even run into Erin and Scott! It should be a blast. Going to a reading by Robert Bly, and also plan on doing some biking, kayaking, and just hanging out. Woohoo! Can't wait. We leave in the morning! Anyway...). We'll see what I can do with the pond. I need to find some water plants and create some safe places for the toads to hang out in. There's actually quite a few around now. It will be pretty nice for them when I get it all figured out.

Here's some pictures of the progress of the sauna area:





If you look closely, you can see where Lizzy's tarp is behind the sauna area:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home