Monday, June 04, 2007

well...

finally did a little work around the place. Still am not finished with my comps work, so I'm looking at another 2 weeks before defending. Man--sitting has never been so hard!

But here's a bit of what's been going on. THey are getting ready to pave our road, and they are totally digging up all the lovely trees on each side. It's a bit depressing to watch, actually, but we are trying to at least be glad that we are getting easy access to firewood. I'm trying to cut as much as I can before others come to take it. I didn't realize this, but even though the trees might be on my land, once they are cut by the county, they are up for grabs. Seems wrong to me, but hey, what do I know?



So they pushed a couple of really nice ones onto my land after I talked to one of the dudes doing the cutting, and I'm stalking the other trees that they push to the other side of the road.

Here's a picture of a couple pushed to the other side. They aren't the best firewood, but they should be used, and I'm happy for any wood that I can get. It didn't take too long, until I got the chainsaw stuck.



I had to call Diane to come rescue my blade with her chainsaw, and together, we finished the job! Women in the Keweenaw totally rock!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home