Sunday, June 10, 2007

pizza/bread oven

I just realized that I haven't talked about the bread/pizza oven that will be built this summer off the deck. I don't have any specific pictures detailing the exact location, but if you can imagine it, it will be located off the deck right by the door. It will be at an angle facing the door, if that makes sense. The house is on a slope, which is why the rain barrel idea and spiral herb garden should work well. I'm actually considering building a pool out of bricks into the side of the oven. That way any run-off will go there. The herbs in the garden will be specific to pizza making. We can pick the toppings for the pizza right as we make them. How sweet is that?

Here's a picture of the oven I'd like to build:



Bud Joe is moving to Australia to be with his Kate, which means I better get going with this fast if I want his help! Besides, it's going to be really fun to build!

2 Comments:

At 3:25 PM, Blogger Anyesha said...

Hey Neely:
Chanced upon your blog through Amlan's. We met at Amlan's place during Thanksgiving...we were the couple from DC. I just added your blog to my list of links so I would not have to do a convoluted trek everytime I need to come here.

 
At 6:46 PM, Blogger neely said...

Hi, Anyesha!

I'm so glad you stopped by. Next time you're in town, you're going to have to really stop by!!! You would love the animals! I know Amlan does! Right, Amlan????????

 

Post a Comment

<< Home