Monday, June 04, 2007

little chicken coop

So my friend Amalia foolishly decided that she wanted to get some exercise at the goat, so I was more than happy to put her to work. She road her bike out on Saturday, and we spent the afternoon cleaning up the little house that will soon be the new chicken coop. It really didn't take us as long as I thought, and, for the most part, won't need as much work as I anticipated. The roof definitely has to be covered, and part of one wall needs to be repaired, but the floor is good, as are the rest of the walls. I bought some special insulation that I will put on the ceiling which will keep the place much warmer in the winter. I also need to think about getting some electricity in all the barns, including the coop, which will let me put the chicks in their earlier--I can put them under a light. I don't mind them being in the house too much, but they are getting bigger quickly and will need more space.

Here's one of the top hat dudettes!


Here is a picture of Amalia in the coop before we started:


A couple of after shots--it really is looking nice!



Oh, I forgot to mention that when I pulled down one part of the ceiling a mess of skat hit me. It was good sized, but I have no idea what kind! Only in that one spot, too. Very strange.

Here's Diane doing her thing...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home