Monday, June 05, 2006

the drunken goat fire circle and other stuff



The bonfire was a lot of fun. We had quite a few people come out, everyone bearing gifts of some sort--smores, beer, pop, and chips. Lots of hotdogs and buns.

Eric and friends made it safely. There were a few instruments as well. Justin serenaded us with his lovely depressing songs that made me want to through myself into the fire. I resisted, but only cause I wanted more smores. Buck sang a few songs. Again, the smores saved me.

People took off around midnight. Justin and Matt left to go do something illegal, and Eric (otherwise known as Grasshopper--named by an indian elder from Pine Ridge) and I talked until 3. It was pretty awesome. I even slept in until 9 the next morning. The latest I've slept in for at least a year. Cool!

So I would have to say that the first meeting of the drunken goat fire circle was a success. Here's to many more.



Diane found this moth on our window yesterday. Isn't it cool? Buck had found one on the door after the bonfire, but that one was smaller and had some red on its wings.




I think the turkeys are starting to go insane in their cages. I let them out to run and fly a bit today. I'm sure I'll be finding poop for a while, hopefully not on the bottom of our shoes. They are actually starting to look a bit depressed. Their coop is ready, I am just afraid to put them out there. It is still getting really cold at night, and although we can stick lights out there, I'm still a bit nervous. Diane and I will finish roofing the barn on Friday, and then I'll feel better about it.



Otherwise, stuff is good at the drunken goat. I didn't do a lick of work today, that is, the outside kind, but I did finally get some school work done. After class, I came home and camped out on the couch for a few hours. I must admit it felt pretty good as I hadn't done that for a while. Tomorrow will be a new day, and I'll get something done then, I'm sure.

By the way, the guys have been super great helping with all the animals. They totally helped with Bill tonight, and took care of everyone else while I did a bit of panicking.I think they are getting into this farming stuff.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home