Sunday, October 29, 2006

more stuff

I forgot to mention that the Tuesday before the storm hit I moved 3 cords of wood. When the guys got home from school they also helped and did a fabulous job. We all worked pretty hard. I couldn't get all the wood in the shed, and have some larger pcs sitting outside that needs to be split, and a stack of smaller wood under a tarp. Really, most of the wood I bought should be split, but that's the way it is. The big pcs. burn nice and long if I have a hot fire started, so it should be ok. We'll see, though.

Let's see....I got a new tattoo yesterday. My tattoos are usually indicative of some major milestone, and it was time for this one. It was a really tough year, and at the same time one of the most amazing and wonderful 12 months of my life. I wouldn't change it for anything in the world--hence the tattoo. This was copied from a painting entitled "The Guardian," which seems fitting some how. I'm very appreciative of all the support I got from my friends, and I'm seriously not sure I would have made it through without them. I hope I can be as supportive as they were should they ever need it.


Had a sweet Halloween party last night. It seems like the music up in these parts has been a bit dry the last year or so, but a new band played last night that makes me think the music scene has taken a strong turn for the better. We used to be able to go dancing almost every weekend, and now we're lucky if it's once every couple of months. This new band plays a combination of blues, jazz, and rock, and are freaking amazing. They totally made the night.

Here's a picture of me and some of my scary friends. I dressed up as a scarecrow although I don't think I wore enough straw. Couldn't help it--I was itching as it was!



Here as some more pictures of the cats:



Time for us to take care of the animals.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home