Sunday, September 24, 2006

skunk alert!

Forgot to mention that I've been having a skunk in the house quite frequently lately. I heard a bunch of racket in the utility room early this last week. Vanna was in the house and the cats don't make that much noise so I figured I had better check it out. Good think I was cautious and opened the door slowly because right in my face was a skunk. I, of course, quickly closed the door. I reopened it and sure enough, he had gone underneath the bathroom floor. I leave that area open so that my water pipes won't freeze in the winter. I was really worried that vanna and the cats would harass the thing and make him spray in there (can you even begin to imagine what that would have been like?), but they left him alone. I took a bath and could hear him right under the tub. He's been coming back here and there, but I don't think he's slept here in a few days. I've moved the cat and dog food, so hopefully he'll go look for food elsewhere. I really think that he is after all the eggs that are all over the place. Maybe that's why I can't find any outside. Bummer.

By the way, Skunk-Off, which you can get at the vets, really does work. It's miraculous. I'm keeping some on hand forever.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home