Saturday, July 22, 2006

one more thing

before I quit. There is a very small little building on the property that I believe someone once lived in. One section of it has completely fallen down due to a tree growing up in the middle of it, but what is left would make an excellent little clubhouse for the guys. Right now there is an old mattress frame and other junk, but that could be cleaned out with just a little bit of trouble. There are 3 nice sized windows-one needs to be replaced- and it certainly isn't water-proofed. It would need some kind of siding and a roof covering. Maybe when I order the metal roof for the wood shed and duck house (now Bill's house-I'll explain in a minute), I can get enough for the clubhouse. I would love to give them a place where they can hang out. It would be very cool in the summer, and I would put a hammock and chair, as well as a desk, for them to use. I just think it would be an awesome bday present for them. They never go out that way, so they would have no idea I was fixing it up for them. I would so love to be able to do that. I have until September. Shoot, time is flying. And I was thinking of taking a short nap after this. Nope, got to get my butt in gear!


Oh, I forgot to mention that there is a possible gravesite next to the clubhouse. Either that, or someone who owned the property previously was into stealing grave stones. It does kind of feel like the place is being watched over, so perhaps we've got some dead people happy we're fixing the place up!I think there are 5 stones.


So back to Bill. I can't remember if I already mentioned that he is now living in the duck house and confined to the duck/geese fenced area. Life is 100% easier since he is no longer running around. I can't believe the difference, or how much I worried about him. The chickens are so happy they aren't being invaded, I'm so happy I don't have to carry him out of their coop on a daily basis, and the ducks and geese are thrilled that they aren't being chased. I do have an electric fence on order, though, because he is really doing a number on this one. Once I put the electric one up he will have more area to roam in, and that will be much healthier for him. He does love the little house, though, and spends quite a bit of time in there. He's getting quite big, and I'm not sure how much longer I would be able to carry him around. Geez.

3 Comments:

At 3:46 AM, Blogger Phantoms and Voices said...

nice reading all your accounts :)

 
At 10:08 AM, Blogger twocarpenters said...

Cool gravestones--are they planted in the ground or just lying there? (Chances are that they could have been knocked over).

Places certainly have memories . . .

 
At 10:14 AM, Blogger neely said...

Well, it's kind of weird, actually. They are definitely placed in a circle so they could actually be graves. Kind of like spokes. But I'm going to bet that they were stolen, mostly because none have the same names and seem very random. But what do I know? It might be interesting to see if I can find any information about these people. It would be a terrible thing to have family gravestones stolen and really nice if I could make things right. Any ideas on how to go about checking on this?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home