Tuesday, May 16, 2006

kayaking

I went kayaking for the first time this season last Sunday. We had a short break from the rain, it was decently warm. I already had my boat moved the the shore, and packed up my paddles and the rest of my gear in my backpack. It's a 30 minute mountain bike ride, which is just the right amount. I'm a bit hot when I get there so the water will feel good, and the ride home will heat me up again.

You know, I've got a few special gifts that people have given me in my life: my first cordless drill, my "Ed" hat, and a pair of sexy leather Converse tennis shoes I'm afraid to wear cause I'll mess them up. But the opportunity to leave my boat on the shore of the canal at DG's house is the best gift I have ever been given. I can't believe it. If someone would have asked me what I want this summer, that would have been right near the top of my list. In the past, I had a suburu wagon that my boat lived on all summer. It would take me 10 minutes from the time I walked out my door to be in the canal. That was sweet. This might mean a bike ride, but all the more exercise and fun. Yes, this is sweet. Thanks, DH.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home