Friday, July 28, 2006

julie's broken nest

It was a rough week for Julie. Tuesday night we had a bit of a storm come through the area, and although it rained a fair bit during the night, I certainly didn't get awakened to any major wind or anything. I was surprised when Julie called to tell me that the roof of her house had blown off during the night! It was pretty crazy, I guess. Huge hail, then it sounded like the windows were going cave in. She and her dog hid behind the couch, and just at that moment, the whole roof blew off.



Here is a picture of the roof. I couldn't believe how far away it blew. It's really crazy. I wonder if she was in the path of a small tornado?



I don't really know how much stuff she lost, but what I do know if that everything was soaking wet. I helped spread stuff out in the yard to get dry, and I think most of it will be salvageable. She's got stuff in storage, and will be staying in her avian. (I think that's how you spell it. Guess it is some kind of a small boat or something.) Regardless, Julie seems incredibly calm, and just very grateful that she is alive. It could very well have turned out to be a completely different story.


After seeing the whole situation, I've got NOTHING to complain about!!!!!

Neither does Vanna:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home