Friday, July 28, 2006

continuing demolition of the goat barn

Still been working on the goat barn. It is slowly but steadily coming down, which is the way I want it! I'm a bit nervous about it coming down quickly with me getting flattened, but so far so good! I'll start working on the back side of it today, and see how she holds up. I'm not sure how I'll get the second floor beams down because I'm fairly certain that once those come down the whole thing will collapse, but I guess I'll cross that bridge when I get to it, which will hopefully be some time today.

I uncovered 2 layers of flooring, most of it is pretty rotten. The soil is going to be wonderful, I think. There are also big logs that run lengthwise on the ground that were used to set the floor boards on. Surprisingly, they look to be in really good shape, perhaps even better than the second floor logs. This is good news, as I am always looking for good building supplies. I haven't even really started thinking about the wood shed, but I know these will come in handy for that.

I'm also getting some great fire starters with the cedar shingles, as well as some nice ceiling wood. Overall, this has been a very successful project. As long as the thing doesn't collapse when I don't want it to, I am going to be very happy to have it down, and think that it will really change the feel of the place. It will be a great garden area.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home