Monday, May 08, 2006

geese ahoy!

So the geese, turkeys and ducks came in on the late post Thursday night. I got a call from the post office at 4:45, asking if I could make it there by 5. I jumped in the car with Vanna, who was way too excited. We got there just in time.

Boy, were they making a racket. By the time I got them all home, they were frantic, especially the geese. When I put them in the pen, they were running all over everyone else, knocking over the water, and basically acting like crazy bulls in a china shop. And they kept the racket up for an hour. Finally, out of desperation, I put the 3 geese under my shirt, where they immediately fell into blissful quietness. My ears rang for a whole day afterwards. So for the most part, they spent the better part of the night and next day under my shirt. Hmmm.

Here's Rio with one of the geese:



Here's Rio with a goose AND a happy Shadey cat:



I started working on the house that is going to be the chicken coop a couple of weeks ago, but had to stop due to weather and the semester winding down. I spent a little time on it today, concentrating on the roof. It needs new roofing, which might take a while, especially since I've never done that before. But Mark talked me through it so hopefully it will be ok. There is also a section of roof that needs to be replaced. Here's what the inside looks like at the moment, and this is after a bit of cleaning up already. Yes, this thing is going to take me a while! Good thing all the motivation for getting it done are chirping like crazy in the house!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home